Friday, March 9, 2012

Printed Book Sales Plummet As The E-Reader Grows In Popularity

A New Chapter In Publishing: Printed Book Sales Plummet As The E-Reader Grows In Popularity -- Daily Mail

* Sales of printed novels fell by a quarter in the first two months of this year

The rise of e-readers - such as Kindle - is thought to be behind a slump in sales of the printed novel in the UK, figures have revealed.

In the first eight weeks of 2012, Britons bought 7.6million printed novels - almost two-and-a-half million fewer than books bought in the same period in 2011.

The slump - which does not include non-fiction and children's books - coincides with a jump in sales of e-readers, which include Kindle and iPads.

Read more ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the e-reader has become a popular device between teenagers, but not only. More and more people choose to read this way instead of printed books. I'm one of them, but not because I don't want to read traditionally... I have a really busy schedule and I can enjoy them only on my way to work. I've downloaded my eBooks from All you can books... a free site with hundreds of great and interesting titles.