Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Does Taste Decrease With Age?


From Live Science:

This Week’s Question: I have a bet with a friend that you start losing your sense of taste as you get older. She says that her taste is as strong as ever and thinks I’m wrong. Who wins the bet?

In general, sensitivity to taste gradually decreases with age. But there are some whose taste isn’t affected by getting older. Who wins the bet? I won’t touch that one.

The ability to taste food and beverages means a lot to seniors. Let’s face it; we lose a lot of the pleasures of our youth, but eating well isn’t usually one of them.

Read more ....

1 comment:

blinddarmentzundung  said...

Ya.. I am totally agree with you that Some people loose their taste during age increase and some people are not!! It is really interesting article. I enjoyed to read it. Thank you very much for sharing interesting article.